Is your bathroom cramped or needing a whole new look? Whether you’re doing minor updates to modernize your guest bathroom, adding on to your home to include another full bath for your kids, or doing a full-scale remodeling project to convert your master bath into a relaxing hideaway, a bathroom remodel adds significant value to your home and upgrades your lifestyle.
Here are 10 reasons that a bathroom remodel or addition makes sense for your home.
Advantages of a Bathroom Remodel
1. Create an effective design
The layout of your bathroom can be changed when you remodel it, making it more functional for your daily life. This can be achieved by changing the location of things in your current bathroom or by adding onto your home and incorporating a new bathroom in the addition.
2. Express your style
Choose between popular styles and include elements within that style to make a statement.
3. Switch to energy-efficient lighting
When you gut out your current bathroom, changing your lighting fixtures is one of the most delightful design elements you can upgrade. As you make that decision, be sure to switch to energy-efficient lighting, and your monthly utilities will thank you.
Install bright lights to boost safety and make the room look more prominent, and place lighting on a dimmer in the master bath so you can create a relaxing ambiance.
4. Design more storage space
A bathroom remodel is the perfect time to punch up the amount of storage space you have. Added cabinets and a bathroom closet conveniently stow items out of the way for clutter-free living.
Shelving in your bathroom with attractive bins can also minimize clutter and simultaneously add an element of style. Keep in mind that clutter-free living decreases your stress level.
5. Increase your home’s value
A recently remodeled bathroom or a bathroom addition can bring greater value to your home and make it easier to resell. While outdated bathrooms can deter buyers, updated bathrooms add comfort and style to your home, and they are an essential feature that will help draw buyers to your property.
6. Enjoy energy-efficient and water-efficient features
A smart shower allows you to set the water temperature, flow rate, shower duration, and more through a smart device. You’ll love the consistent water temperature as well as the water and energy savings. A smart shower’s thermostat keeps a steady water temperature and limits hot water so no one gets burned. It can save you 3% of your monthly water usage.
7. Incorporate smart elements for your convenience
Smart bathroom accessories deliver convenience, safety, and health benefits. A smart bathroom connects with your smart home devices, including smartphones and voice control devices, to deliver customized bathroom amenities for your daily routine. Some popular trendy smart options for your bathroom include:
- Smart toilet – These are at the top of the most popular list when renovating a bathroom. Features like seat warmers, touch-free automatic lids, night lights, and speakers for your favorite music are all part of the smart toilet. They are more compact and better designed than traditional toilets, so they don’t take up as much space. They reduce the risk of overflowing and detect water levels to only use the amount of water needed, saving you on your monthly water bill.
- LED interactive mirror – A smart mirror has a built-in display for time, traffic flow, weather, news, reminders, and appointments. You can ask your mirror questions and control other smart devices in your home from your bathroom.
- Smart faucets – Wash your hands in the perfect water temperature and come into contact with fewer germs due to its hands-free feature.
8. Create a larger-looking space
You can create the illusion of more space in your updated bathroom by installing clear shower enclosures. Also, place floor tiles on a diagonal to make the bathroom look more prominent. Replace towel racks with hooks for more space and versatility.
9. Enhance style with hardware
Install simple, minimalist hardware on your sinks, shower, and bath for a clean, sleek look.
10. Include texture for a variety
Use different textures for visual interest, yet keep your color scheme simple by sticking with two complementary colors.
11. Repurpose space for a bathroom or invest in a home addition
Does your home have unused square footage in its hallways? Some of this space could be turned into a small bathroom. You can garnish space from a bedroom if you want to add a master bath or a bathroom to be shared between two bedrooms.
If you have a large closet in a bedroom or hallway, you can repurpose the space from these areas for a bathroom. A bathroom addition is also a smart way to include another bathroom in your home.
Custom Bathroom Remodeling for Your Home
Make room for your growing family to live comfortably together by adding a bathroom to your home or by remodeling your current bathroom so it is more efficient.
At VL Builders, we use a premium vapor barrier rated high on ENERGY STAR standards for its flow rate. We take extra precautions to protect your Colorado home by providing zip walls, so dust and debris don’t get in. The zip walls also act as a barricade to keep your family members safe.
We install reputable brands like Kohler, Moen, Hickory Hardware, Tile Shop, and Shaw, so you have hundreds of options for your cabinets, hardware, countertops, and more. Take a moment to learn more about our bathroom remodeling services.